As I am currently working from home for the most part, I have been cooking much more frequently. A few recent discoveries:
1. Cayenne pepper in your morning eggs is surprisingly good. I dislike the taste of eggs, and find that a good dash of cayenne makes them much more edible. Plus, it's a nice wake-up call for the morning.
2. Salt rubs are amazing. Prior to seasoning chicken, rub it with coarse salt, then rinse and pat dry. This process tenderizes the meat, increases flavor, and decreases dryness without actually increasing the sodium level (much).
3. Sauteeing green beans makes them taste much better than the traditional method of boiling them. They come out much crisper. Add some steak seasoning and they're delicious!
4. White pepper. Look into it. And use sparingly!
*****************
Rahm Emanuel has just been elected mayor of Chicago! Quite a change after 22 years of Daley.
*****************
I find out about internship in three days. THREE. And then I'm moving? Utterly torn between preemptively missing Chicago and absolutely craving the return to the Eastern seaboard. There is so much to do before then!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment