Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strange times

2010 passed without a single entry, but here I am again. I am not sure why I write in these things, except for myself.

I have become a hermit, submersed in a world of research, reading, writing, and learning teeny tiny details. It is tiring. There are lots of buzzwords. (Isn't that word fantastic? Because literally, it makes my head buzzzz with meaningless wordage.) I miss real life and especially my work. It has been extraordinarily difficult to maintain concentration and motivation when I don't get to do the work I love.

There is a point to all of this... right? There has to be.

*

I am fascinated by current situations in Tunisia and Egypt. We are living in an interesting, important time. I wonder what will be next for those countries?

*

More later. For now, back to buzzing around research papers.

No comments: