Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good

Things that make me forget, at least for a moment, that I have four presentations this week, an intimidating group therapy session to run Thursday, and a VERY scary looming deadline for my dissertation proposal:

1. First snow of the year, which occurred during my walk home Monday night.

2. Home next week for almost FIVE whole days. Sad that this comes all too infrequently. Amazing that the good feeling will last me at least three months.

3. A deep, unshakable awareness that I am headed toward exactly what I want in life. These kids, this work, this tremendous privilege! I hope I always feel like this.

On another note...

Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State? I'm not sure how I feel about that. Here's the argument in my head:

She was nasty and manipulative during the primary!
Yes, but now is the time to move on, forgive and forget.
Okay, but why foreign policy, the one area she and Obama disagree on the most?
Because Obama wants a Cabinet that will openly challenge him.
But Obama criticized her "foreign policy credentials" during the primary!
I know, that part doesn't make sense to me either.
What about Bill?
He shouldn't be involved... hopefully...
Bill's support of Obama is tepid, at best.
Yes, he should just stay out of it!

And so on. Thoughts?

No comments: